The park is named after a county court on Wood Street, which is now The Coroners' Court. In the nineteenth century, the land was owned by the Rumball family and leased as pasture, a brewery and stables. In 1912 the brewery site was purchased by Barnet Urban District Council, and in 1923 the council purchased the Old Court House estate.
The park was opened in 1926
The park has six free tennis courts, a bowling green with a pavilion, a children's playground and a car park (off Manor Close). It has formal gardens, grassed areas, rockeries, and a tree trail.